Zinc Tally Taste Test
Zinc Taste Test provides a quick and reliable clinical test for the assessment of zinc status.
In Australia 75% of women and 45% of men do not receive the RDA for zinc in their diets. Zinc status can be difficult, as most of the body’s zinc stores are in the bones. Hair analysis levels in sweat, blood serum or white blood cells all require considerable (and costly) laboratory work.
It provides patients with a simple and inexpensive screening method for determining the need for zinc. By using the oral Zinc Taste Test to determine the need for zinc, and retesting after 30 days of supplementation, one can not only determine zinc requirements, but also monitor the patient to be sure they are properly absorbing their zinc. Numerous research studies have found that sub-optimal levels of zinc are very common at all ages, especially in the elderly.
Why is Zinc Important ?
Zinc is an essential mineral that stimulates the activity of over 100 different enzymes in the body. Zinc also:
• supports a healthy immune system
• is necessary to synthesize DNA (our genetic information)
• is essential for wound healing
• supports the healthy growth and development of the body during adolescence, childhood and pregnancy
Reasons for Zinc Deficiency,
• intake is inadequate
• poor absorption
• zinc increase is necessary due to growth, stress, or fighting infection.
• Low levels in the soil